One of the best if not the best way of promoting your wordpress blog or post on the web is by sharing it to social networking sites. By simply copying the url of your blog post and pasting it to your facebook or twitter (through url shortener), you can now share it to your friends or followers. As expected, it didn’t stop there. Right now, you can share your post straight from your blog post, through facebook share and retweet buttons. Your readers can also share your post to their friends by simply clicking these buttons.When these nifty buttons are clicked, the post is tracked by facebook and twitter. The number of shares and retweets are shown.
- Download these wordpress plugins: facebook-fb-share-wordpress-plugin.zip and easy-retweet.zip
- Extract and upload the two folders to your wordpress folder under wp-content/plugins.
- Log-in to your site and click Plugins
- Now, you have successfully installed the two plugins. Click ‘Activate’ link of the two plugins.
- By now, ‘Activate‘ link is replaced by ‘Settings‘.
- For Easy Retweet
- Click ‘Settings‘
- IMPORTANT: You need to acquire Bit.ly API key just follow the link. (url shortener used for retweeting)
- For Display and Position Setting, it’s up to you to decide whatever you want.
- For codecampr, I choose “Manually call the retweet button” option for Position setting, so that I can have more control on it.
- For FB Share
- Click ‘Settings‘
- Again, for Display and Position Settng, do whatever makes you happy. wahahahah
- Again, for codecampr I choose “Manually call the fbshare_button “
VERY IMPORTANT (exaggerated):
If you chose to “Manually call the retweet button” and “Manually call the fbshare_button ” don’t forget to add the following code
inside the loop of your single.html?php if (function_exists('fbshare_button')) echo fbshare_button(); if (function_exists('easy_retweet_button')) echo easy_retweet_button();?>